The Surface Treatment global business unit of BASF’s Coatings division, operating under the Chemetall brand, is a leading supplier of applied surface treatments.
Chemetall develops and manufactures tailor-made technology and system solutions for applied surface technology. The products protect metals from corrosion, facilitate forming and treatment, prepare parts optimally for the painting process and ensure excellent coating adhesion.
The products are used in a variety of industries and end markets such as automotive, aerospace, aluminum finishing and metal forming.
The chemical treatment of metal surfaces is Chemtall’s core competence. The focus of the worldwide activities is on the development and implementation of customized technology and system solutions for surface treatment. Globally established product ranges, for example Oxsilan®, Gardobond®, Ardrox® and Naftoseal®, have played a leading role in shaping metal treatment.
- Competence, presence and commitment
- Vast expertise: 30+ years focused on Surface Treatment
- Global competence and local support
- Close cooperation with customers, plant engineers and paint suppliers
- Sustainable success due to environmentally compatible product development and responsible business management
(*based on actual exchange rates, **FTE = full-time equivalent)